Usually beef is used in this side dish, but today were going to use pork tenderloin. Pork is tenderer than beef and it contains a lot of iron, so it is good for children and elders. Moreover, pork has less fat, more protein than beef too! Pork tenderloin is literally tender and juicy part, so it is recommended to cut thickly while cook, and pull apart after cooked.
[Jangjorim Ingredients] - 9 Servings -
- Basic: 700g Pork tenderloin, 6 Eggs
- Broth: 5 cups Water, 1 Green onion, 1/2 Onion, 6 Garlic cloves, 1 inch piece Ginger, 2 Bay leaves, 10 pieces Whole black peppercorns
- Braising Sauce: 3 cups Water, 1/2 cup Soy sauce, 5 tablespoons Rice wine, 2 tablespoons Sugar, 1 whole Dried chili, Pepper
1. Cut pork into 2 inch length. Place broth ingredients into a pot and boil. When the broth start to boil, place pork into the pot, cook 20 mins more, and drain (pour down the broth after drain).
2. Place eggs in a pot and cover them with water. Add some salt and vinegar and boil for 10 mins, transfer to a bowl with cold water and peel.
3. Place braising sauce ingredients into a pot and boil, when the sauce boil, add pork into the pot and simmer over medium low heat for 10 mins. Add eggs into the pot and simmer for 5 mins more to soak up the sauce enough, and remove from the heat.
4. pull the pork apart into pieces, cut hardboiled egg into bitesize.
(To prevent the pork soak up the sauce too much, preserve them into large pieces and pull apart right before eating)
Jangjorim is very affectionate side dish for Koreans because Korean parents usually choose Jangjorim for their childrens lunch box. Lets remind our childhood with this affectionate Jangjorim today! Adding yellow scrambled egg, even looks like a blossomed sunflower. Juicy and tender one bowl menu would be every family members favorite.
[Jangjorim Butter Bibimbop Ingredients] - 1 Serving -- Basic: 1/3 cup Jangjorim (beef or pork), 1/2 tablespoon Butter, 15g Danmuji (Korean pickled radish), 2 tablespoons Jangjorim sauce, 1 bowl Steamed rice, Green onion, Sesame
- Egg Mixture Ingredients: 2 Eggs, 2 tablespoons Milk, 1 teaspoon Rice wine, Salt
1. Pull Jangjorim apart into bitesize, cut Danmuji into bitesize pieces. Slice spring onion into small pieces.
2. Break eggs in a bowl and combine with egg mixture ingredients, and beat until blended.
3. Heat a pan, add some oil and pour egg mixture into the pan. Stir slowly until the mixture is forming soft curds.
4. Place hot rice in a bowl, arrange Jangjorim sauce-butter-Danmuji in a row, place scrambled egg to cover the rice, and arrange pulled Jangjorim on top. Sprinkle over spring onion and sesame.
(Adjust the amount of Jangjorim sauce to your preference)