• Written By SOYEON on November 16, 2018, 4:56 pm
  • Category : Food
  • Registered Language : Korean
  • Auto Translated by BING Engin
  • Page Hits : 27 Person
  • I like this page : 0 Person
  • Original Page : Korean Language

Font Size By

Lets make kkotppang this time! Kkot is “flower” in Korean and ppang is “bread” or “buns”. I love the cute name: kkotppang kkotppang, I cant stop saying it! : )I first learned about kkotppang when I lived in Columbia, Missouri in the 1990s. Our Korean expat group used to have a potluck meeting. The expats came from all over Korea, so it was a good chance for me to taste some regional Korean dishes. Someone brought kkotppang one day, and I had never seen them before so I was really curious about the buns. She said she bought them from a Korean grocery store.I found out it was a Chinese-Korean dish. Chinese immigrants living in Korea have developed all kinds of Koreanized Chinese recipes like jjajangmyeon, jjamppong, and tangsuyuk, dishes inspired by Chinese recipes but modified to Koreans taste using ingredients in Korea. Koreans eat kkotppang as a side dish with stir-fried meat and green chili peppers or chives. We wrap the items in soft kkotppang and eat them. You can do the same thing and wrap dishes like bulgogi or spicy stir-fried porkin kkotppang and pop them in your mouth!At home, after tasting the kkotppang at that party in Missouri, I tried to recreate them in many ways. After a lot of experiments I succeeded in making pretty flower-shaped, wrinkly, fluffy buns. I still remember it! “Yay, I can make kkotppang!” I said. I hope you feel the same way when you make these bun. Enjoy their fluffiness!
EDIT

Send it Twitter Send it Facebook Send it Google Plus Send it Google Plus

Comments | Member's Comments and Talking
0 found talks 1/0 Page

menu
Write a Your comment Here ...

Prev List Next

By Google Adsence

HOME  |  STAR SNS  |  SCHEDULE  |  NAMING  |  PLAYER
COPYRIGHT©2000~2018 KPOPIS.COM All RIGHTS RESERVED.