• Written By SOYEON on November 20, 2018, 3:58 pm
  • Category : Food
  • Registered Language : Korean
  • Auto Translated by BING Engin
  • Page Hits : 27 Person
  • I like this page : 0 Person
  • Original Page : Korean Language

Font Size By

If you love seafood and spicy stews, Im sure youll absolutely love this one, called maeuntang in Korean and spicy fish stew (or soup) in English. It can be made with pretty much any type of fish but most importantly the fish should be fresh! In this recipe and video I use black sea bass, or nongeo in Korean, so this dish would specifically be called nongeo-maeuntang.On a recent trip to Montauk, Long Island I was lucky to get fresh-caught black sea bass right off the dock, as soon as the fisherman brought it in. I know a lot of you wont be able to find fish that fresh, so in your local fish market choose a fish with clear eyes and a firm body. Make sure it isnt smelly at all and has red gills on the inside. You may have to open the fish head a bit to check the color of the gills. If theyre brownish, dont pick that fish. White fleshed fish is best for making maeuntang, so flounder, fluke, yellow corvina, and red snapper will all work well, but any kind of fish will be good, as long as its fresh.Maeuntang is one of Koreans most-loved seafood dishes. Most Korean households have all these seasonings on hand, so its a great way to share a delicious, fresh fish with friends and family. Its easy to make and the savory, spicy stew sits in the middle of the table and everyone can enjoy it together.
EDIT

Send it Twitter Send it Facebook Send it Google Plus Send it Google Plus

Comments | Member's Comments and Talking
0 found talks 1/0 Page

menu
Write a Your comment Here ...

Prev List Next

By Google Adsence

HOME  |  STAR SNS  |  SCHEDULE  |  NAMING  |  PLAYER
COPYRIGHT©2000~2018 KPOPIS.COM All RIGHTS RESERVED.